Tuesday, January 23, 2007

me, pratik, 3 nights and its over.......

It was 15th jan. 6:30 pm, coll just over and i was wandering around the campus.....
My favourite ringtone rang.... i saw the no. , It was somthing screwed number.... something like +4404....
Just received the phone to satisfy my curiosity..... It was from Mihir.... One of my senior from SGGS. He was in final year when I was in 1st.
On that phone he asked me to do a project for him. It was the Photo-net project which I supposed to do in 4 days.... Challenging right???
Ya I also thought the same.... and accepted it...
Also assured him the best i can do for him. It is a online photo sharing portal which has to made with two privilege levels, User and administrator. User can upload images, browse images, search images and purchase the images. And administrator has to verify it. He should be able to verify the user, verify the uploaded images and put down his administrative efforts to prevent misuse of the service. One user has paid the anual subscription fees then he is alloted 10 credits and for each download of the image one credit has to be reduced from his account. Also when the user uploads one image , one credit should be rewarded to him after aproval of the image by administrator.
Looks challenging and a bit difficult to impliment at first sight and over this the project has to be developed using the php and MYSQL as database....
The images has to be stored in the database and the thumbnails of those images are to be generated on the fly via programming.....
I decided to jump in the matter.... I was very little experience of developing the applications using PHP and Mysql but I decided to take the chance....
and surprisingly I worked hard like a partial psychotich person day and night, day and night....
Pratik also joined me....
Wah... Hats of this person... I should realy apriciate this person... he is someone having a lot of patience and eager to work.. When I gave him the idea of the project, he imidiately agreed to work with me... I am quite sure that he is having a bright future.... Best of luck Pratik....
1st night I worked on user interface and secure ligin system... Got it done early in the morning with few bugs but still managed to get rid of them....
pratik worked parallaly and found the code for storing the images in the database also reengineered the code to best fit our requirement.... Next day we managed to design the flow of the system and worked out database design. After that I worked out the user privileges where pratik parallaly managed to get the images out of the database and display raw...
Also we managed to generate the thumbnails using the PHP GD library.
twenty percent work over... Next day and night went to fix up the bugs and merge the code that has been written by pratik and me..
After that we worked together to get the critical part done. that is the credit management system and finished late night....
Damn workload...
After a samrt 3 days and horrible 3 nights we managed the system to satisfy bare minimum requirement.
The project is over now and I am writing its documentation.... One of the most boring work...
Now onwards I decided to get the documentation written as soon as the code is written, it will decrease a bit of tenssion of the documentation. Or at least I think so....
Now its time to move forward....
Come on I have accepted the new challenge and ready to face that....
Will stat working from today itself and after the completion of the project will post the expirience here...
I know it is quite torcher to you to read my articles but please bear with me.... I am just practising to writ ethe documentation you know.... The most boring one/....
Till then bye.....

2 comments:

Pratik Gupta said...

Hi Anup,
This is pratik....
ur writing is damn good yaar!!!
That was really a life time experience......
Hope to spend many more such nights together(of course, WORKING)!!!!!!

प्रकाश बा. पिंपळे said...

nice dude..I apreciate ur work!
You all ppl have really great future..
college website is really nice..
I think ur the same person who presented paper in ur first year...i am not sure ..so
keep it up.